Though I have not had the opportunity to work in a professional capacity with many schools or educational programs I did have the opportunity to work with a few companies that I think will connect to my educational journey

Abby Community School

I had the amazing opportunity to work with the Abby Community School which created after school programs for low income and academically struggling students; I worked with them for the last few months of my undergrad. There I created and taught a program that would help elementary students in reading and writing skills in alternative ways; rather than just traditional reading and writing methods. This was a challenge as I had a few students who were functionally illiterate; but through their hard work we, as a group were able to create and perform our own rendition of Jack and the Beanstalk to a enthusiastic group of parents and students.

Fraser Valley Tradex

I worked with the Fraser Valley Tradex for a little over six years as a supervisor. There a did a variety of work from working in the parking lot, labor work setting up shows and events, cashier work, site planning, tear down, as well as administrative work such as conducting interviews, writing incident reports, producing employee reviews, and training the new hires. Tradex was one of my first jobs and I worked my way up the ladder as much as I could, it formed a lot of my work ethic and allowed me to learn how to work in high stress and busy environments. Also a lot of the training helped me learn how to properly train and interact with people, to be patient, and to work with them to fit their needs. A lot of which I think can be transferable to the work we do as teachers. I also tried to be kind and understanding and work with my employees, which allowed us to have a lower turnover rate and higher employee satisfaction in all the years that I worked there.